Welcome to the CBCT Learning Center’s list of recommended published reference materials, by category.
1. Download PDF: “Use of Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics” as published in the International Journal of Dentistry
2. Link to AAE and AAOMR Joint Position Statement on CBCT, 2015 Update
3. Link to Google Books, Pathways of the Pulp, Chapter 2, Nair M, Levin M, Nair U. Radiographic Interpretation. In: Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp by K. Hargreaves and L. Berman, ed. Mosby: St. Louis, Chp 2, 2014.
Pauwels R, Araki K, Siewerdsen JH, Thongvigitmanss SS. Technical aspects of dental CBCT: State of the art. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2015;44:2014022. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
Pauwels, Ruben, et al. “Effective dose range for dental cone beam computed tomography scanners.” European journal of radiology 81.2 (2012): 267-271. Link click here.
Detection of Apical Periodontitis:
1. Leonardi Dutra K, Haas L, Porporatti AL, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of cone-beam computed tomography and conventional radiography on apical periodontitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Endod 2016;42:356-364.
2. Estrela C, Bueno MR, Leles CR, et al. Accuracy of cone beam computed tomography and panoramic and periapical radiography for detection of apical periodontitis. J Endod 2008;34:273-9.
3. de Paula-Silva FW, Wu MK, Leonardo MR, de Silva LA, Wesselink PR. Accuracy of periapical radiography and cone beam computed tomography scans in diagnosing apical periodontitis using histopathological findings as a gold standard. J Endod 2009;35:1009-12.
Persistent Dento-Alveolar Pain Disorder (PDAP)
Nixdorf DR, Moana-Filho EJ, et al. Frequency of persistent tooth pain after root canal therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis, J Endod 2010;36:224-230. [PMC free article]
1. Yaylali IT, Alacam T. Critical assessment of search strategies in systematic reviews in endodontics. J Endod 2016;42:854-860.
2. Mota de Almeida, Huumonen S, Molander A, Ohman A, Kvist T. Computed tomography (CT) in the selection of treatment for root-filled maxillary molars with apical periodontitis. Dentomaxillofac Radiol, 2016 Apr 12:Pe20150391. [Epub ahead of print].
Dr. Levin has contributed to the following recently published texts:
Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp , Cone Beam Computed Tomography, 3D Imaging in Endodontics, Ingle’s Endodontics (submitted)