Friday: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM EDT
Saturday: 8:00 AM-3:30 PM EDT
Lecture Site: Virtual
“Use of Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) in Endodontics, Course II” (Virtual)
June 4-5, 2021 (Virtual-One Place Remains)
Martin D. Levin, DMD Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics, Adjunct Professor of Endodontics, University of Pennsylvania
Barry Pass, DDS, PhD Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Professor Emeritus, Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology and Department of Physics and Astronomy, Howard University
Jeffery B. Price DDS, MS Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Clinical Professor & Director of Oral Radiology, University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Endodontic disease adversely affects quality of life and can produce significant morbidity in afflicted patients. Endodontic therapy depends on diagnostic radiographs and image-guided treatment. Using a combination of anatomic figures, cadaveric specimen photographs, CBCT screenshots and live case-based demonstrations, we will review the normal radiographic features seen in limited FOV CBCT volumes commonly used to evaluate the endodontic patient. In addition, we will also feature selected cases with endodontic pathoses to illustrate variations from normal anatomy and incidental findings and artifact.
1. Efficient systematic assessment of CBCT volumes and document findings.
2. Understand how to describe common artifacts and incidental findings.
3. Review the 4 radiographic features of apical periodontitis using case-based demonstrations.
4. Describe normal anatomy and variants that are important to creating a differential diagnosis.
5. Understand segmentation and image registration to aid in outcomes analysis.
Sponsor: Carestream Dental
CE Credits Awarded: 14.5
Teaching Method: Lecture
Subject Code: 074
Efficient systematic review and documentation of 20 CBCT scans
- Detailed examination of systematic interpretation methods
- Live case-based demonstrations, review of 20 CBCT scans
- The seven descriptors to document findings
- Understanding the ideal imaging geometries and positioning best practices
Limited field of view CBCT-associated anatomy and the basics of pathology
- Radiographic anatomy using combination of anatomic figures, cadaveric specimen photographs and CBCT scans
- Common vasculopathies and sialopathies, Stafne bone cavity
- Selected cases with endodontic pathoses to illustrate variations from normal anatomy
Incidental findings and artifacts
- Ranked list of incidental findings and impact on health prognosis
- Root fracture assessment and artifact generation
- Registering two scans for outcomes evaluation
- Characteristics of apical periodontitis, fractures, trauma, presurgical, resorptive lesions
- Volumetric analysis of apical periodontitis, healing in 3D
Reservation and Virtual Participation Information
This course is conducted as a live online classroom; there are no recorded segments. Your course fee includes a printed Course Guide and USB flash drive with all slides, references and other educational materials.
Course participants will need a laptop or desktop computer that supports audio/video interactions and an Internet connection that supports Zoom. You will receive a Zoom invitation one hour before the lecture begins. Each Course will be preceded by a Practice Session on Thursday evening before the program at 8:00 pm EDT. Any service interruptions or difficulty should be reported immediately to the cell number provided in each announcement.
Please make your check payable to “EndoNet Consulting, LLC.” We also accept payment by all major credit cards. You may contact us by telephone: 301-654-6077, fax: 301-654-0021 or email: email@example.com.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy
Written cancellation requests will be accepted up to 10 business days prior to the program. A 50% refund of registration fees will be given after that date. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any course at any time for any reason. If the course is full when your registration is received, you will be so notified; If the course is rescheduled or cancelled by EndoNet Consulting, LLC, for any reason, applicants will receive a full refund of the course tuition as the applicants sole remedy. We shall not be responsible for any other loss incurred by you as a result of the rescheduling or cancellation. There will be no refund for partial attendance.
EndoNet courses are available to all dentists, but focus on CBCT in endodontics. The course is specially tailored to endodontic specialists and residents. There are no course prerequisites except a dental degree.
Recording of the meeting by any device or means is strictly prohibited.
Additional endodontist from same practice
Address 5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 815, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-6901